The Dolphins were formed to allow children who have learnt to swim in the DS Swim Learn to Swim Academy to continue their swimming journey, whilst working with the DS Swim Coaching Team. We also welcome in swimmers from elsewhere where space allows.
Every aspect of our club has been carefully designed to ensure that swimmers get the most positive experience possible, and have the opportunity to be coached in a way which adheres to DS Swim’s guiding principles, which are outlined below:
Our Mission Statement
- To use swimming as a channel to help every child develop the skills and attributes to become the best possible version of themselves.
- For all members to commit to supporting every swimmer in developing the 3Es:
Efficient, Elegant and Effective technique which is admired and respected by both teammates and competitors.
- To ensure every minute invested in to our programme by swimmers, parents and coaches is purposeful.
How We Do IT
- Link all aspects of training, preparation, and competition to long term personal development.
- Focus on technique in every part of training (even when the swimmer thinks the coach isn’t looking!)
- Have a reason to justify everything.
- Hold frequent, regular, structured communication between swimmers, coaches and parents.
- Share the reasons for every part of our programme.
Children are coached in small groups by our Head Coach Dave Sankey and our team of support coaches and poolside helpers
From September 2022, sessions take place at the following times:
Wednesdays 7:05 – 8:05pm at Eckington Swimming Pool
Thursdays 7:15 – 8:45pm at Healthy Living Centre, Staveley
Sundays 6-7pm at Highfield Hall School, Chesterfield
As every session has a specific purpose towards the goal of improving every child’s swimming performance, we recommend attending as many of the sessions as possible.
How to join
As we keep our groups small to ensure every child gets plenty of individual attention, places in the Dolphins Squad are limited.
At present, we currently have a very small number of spaces for children who can legally swim all 4 strokes, and who share the aims laid out in our mission statement. If you would like to join, or would like further information, please email [email protected] with a little about who you are and why you would like to join, and to arrange to attend a trial session and a meeting with the the coaching team.
For general enquiries contact our club Chair Dave Sankey at [email protected]
For any safeguarding / welfare issues please contact our Welfare Officer Claire Morton at [email protected]
CLICK HERE to download our Club Governance Documents and other useful information such as our club competition plan.