Enquire about DS Swim
Got a question about DS Swim, our Swim Academy, or the Gym and Pool facilities?
Fill in the form below to contact us, or call Dave directly on 07793235321.
When will one to one sessions with DS Swim restart?
We are reopening DS Gym & Pool on 25th July 2020. One to one sessions with Dave & Ian will resume on this date.
Is it safe to come to lessons at DS Gym & Pool?
The health and wellbeing of our customers and employees is our top priority. We are following government guidelines in order to make your visit feel as comfortable as possible and provide a safe but enjoyable visit.
- Though we are excited to take this next step in reopening, the health and safety of our customers and staff remains our number one priority. Therefore, we ask that all customers adhere to our Terms & Conditions:
- • If you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms you must not make a booking or come into the centre.
- • If you have been in contact with anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, you must not make a booking or enter the centre
- • Please note that there is limited access to toilet and changing facilities (click here for full details)
- • Staff will be carrying out a thorough sanitisation process between each facility use
- • Please observe social distancing rules with our staff and other customers.
- • If staff suspect that you are infringing current government regulations, you will be refused entry.
What safety measures have been put into place?
In light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we are putting a number of safety measures in place which will allow us to provide a safe environment for our employees and guests. This includes implementing measures such as social distancing, hand sanitising stations, providing staff with Covid-19 specific training and more. We have also introduced individual “changing zones” to ensure that people maintain social distance in changing areas.
How will social distancing be enforced?
All employee and customer areas will be arranged and managed so as to promote and maintain social distancing within our leisure centre. A one-way system will be in effect and a limited amount of people in one area at any time.
I’ve heard there’s a new online booking system, how does it work?
We have developed a new booking system for our one to one sessions with Dave and Ian. Current DS Swim customers can book online at http://dsswim.com/121signupsuccess/
New customers should still enter their personal details at http://dsswim.com/sign-up/
What will happen I arrive for my session?
Everyone arriving at DS Gym and Pool must give their details at reception, so that they can be contacted by the government’s “Track and Trace” team in the event of a Covid outbreak. It is essential that no one enters DS Gym & Pool if they have exhibited any Covid-19 symptoms. Once arriving, swimmers will turn left and travel along our one way system through to the poolside. Swimmers must arrive “beach ready” (with their costume on under their clothes). Please do not enter DS Gym and Pool more than 5 minutes before your scheduled lesson start time, and then head straight to poolside. When arriving on poolside you will be directed to your viewing seat by our staff, where swimmers should change for their lesson.
Will the session itself be any different post-lockdown?
Other than the additional social distance between swimmer and coach, you should notice very little difference within the session itself.
What will happen after the session?
We have made a number of changes to our changing areas:
- All showers and lockers will be out of use to minimise points of contact.
- The 2 female changing areas will be renamed to changing rooms 1 and 2, with each split into 4 changing zones. Swimmers will told which of these zones to use after their lesson. The old male changing rooms now being used as an entrance corridor.
Can parents still watch?
Yes. And as always, we strongly encourage you to do so! For one to one lessons, we are limiting viewing to two adults per swimmer. A maximum of 1 additional child may also attend with the adults, but only if they are able to sit on the lap of the attending adult for the duration of the lesson.
Do I need to wear a face mask at DS Gym & Pool?
At the time of writing, government guidance does not stipulate that face masks must be worn in gyms, however the Swimming Teachers’ Association (STA) guidance stipulates that “those not taking part in swimming activities (whilst attending swimming lessons) , i.e. parent / guardian spectators, should wear a face covering whilst in the facility”. We therefore ask that all parents and guardians attending pool sessions as a spectator please wear a face covering whilst at DS Gym & Pool.
Last updated 18th August 2020